



Photo: Ajantha Abey Quidditch Photography



**QUIDDITCH
AUSTRALIA**

QA Meeting Minutes

March Meeting 1



Quidditch Australia's March

Board Meeting Minutes

Date: 05. 03. 2020

Location: Google Hangouts

Present: Ajantha Abey, Kelsey Collins, Scott Palmer, Jamie Turbet

Apologies: Luke Derrick, Alistair Yap

Absent: Nicola Gertler

Start Time: 9:15 (ATD)

Quorum was not met. It was decided to have brief discussions where possible.

Communication

JT: AJ would like to move to slack. Anyone else?

AJ: Happy to stick it out for the three months

SP: People aren't responding to emails, sometimes missing them

JT: Sometimes I will not get notified on slack, which is my only concern

KC: I don't always see slack because I have two workspaces, but I can work with this.

Previous Actionables

JT: We have the spreadsheet, could also put in actionables as they come up

AJ: I will pin it in slack

SP: Found it a bit hard to find

JT: Just don't want to use links for security reasons

Dropbears Merchandise

AJ: What is our rough timeline for publishing?

JT: Ruth wants it ASAP



SP: Separate or together?

JT: Jersey separately, merch pack together

AJ: I want to transition to dropbears promotion, just want to know when

JT: I'll start a slack conversation to get Ruth's input

State Shield

JT: People are torn about what is best

AJ: Would love to have it in Syd, but Honeyeaters should be our priority

SP: Agreed. From memberships, VIC are struggling so it would be good to promote.

JT: QNSW might not bring a second team due to team fees

KC: Some people seemed keen to have a player fee instead of a team fee

AJ: States are able to split a team fee among players

KC: I don't think this has been considered, make sure they are aware of this

AJ: We have costs that need to be covered, don't mind how it gets covered

KC: Could introduce a player fee

JT: Team fee more appropriate since it is a representative event, similar to world cup

KC: Need to start conversations about who is attending SS, if it will actually help. Also need to start a conversation with WAQA. Could also have a merc team against Perth to get more people involved.

SP: WAQA has more players than VQA right now.

AJ: They have had their first event whereas VQA has not

AJ: How likely are we to get the grant from the NSW location?

JT: I contacted them last year and they seem pretty confident

QUAFL

AJ: Are we all happy with Gold Coast?

All: Yes

JT: Just waiting on final costs so we don't get something unexpected, but a bit late to change now



Staff

AJ: Have we onboarded new staff yet?

JT: No, waiting for Luke

AJ: This needs to be done ASAP.

JT: I'll get onto staff this week.

General Business

KC: I don't like that selectors can also be players, should we continue to allow it? This is not a usual thing in other sports as it invites bias

JT: We don't have enough non-playing volunteers to make selection panels without players

KC: There is a feeling in NSW that there is a lot of politics involved, and maybe possible for a all non-player selection panel

AJ: Also an issue of who would be suitable to be on a selection panel. I don't see this as something we can easily get around

KC: If we put in policies avoiding conflict of interest this would be good. States do need to implement it. Needs to be transparent, perception is probably worse than reality.

KC: What are we doing with policies that cover both events and gameplay?

JT: Embed links in documents would be good

AJ: Agreed, could be on the website

KC: Will work on making the changes

AJ: Remember we have document templates, please use this.

AJ: People are asking about event sanctioning for the year

JT: I will ask Alistair to make this a priority, and have it done by the end of next week.

Meeting Closed: 9:42pm (ADT)