



## Quidditch Australia Board Meeting Minutes 30.01.2020

Attendance: Kelsey Collins, Ajantha Abey, Nicola Gertler, Jamie Turbet

Apologies: Scott Palmer

Location: Google Hangouts

Called to order: 9:16pm

### 1. Deadly Sports Plus Sponsorship & Role Agreement

#### Role Agreement:

##### Summary of Slack conversations

There are some grammatical changes that need to be made, but overall the board is happy for Jamie to sign the document

JT: Are we happy with me signing the document?

NG & AJ: Yes

KC: I emailed through some grammatical errors

JT: That may be difficult to get changed as Nic requires it to be signed tomorrow, but I will try to get the changes made.

*Actionables: Jamie to request grammatical changes from Deadly Sports Plus and return signed copy of the document*

#### Sponsorship

##### Summary of Slack discussions

We are proposing to offer the following:

- Company profile on QA website
- Certificate on sponsorship / thanks
- social media branding, so Deadly Sport logo on our Dropbears social media, and promotional posts for them
- Leave business review on their FB page
- Deadly Sport logo to feature on the management jersey

JT: Happy with slack suggestions?

All: Yes

JT: I will email our proposal through

NG: I'll follow up with an informal conversation asking what his expectations are

*Actionables: Jamie to update Deadly Sports Plus on sponsorship proposal*

### 2. Event Locations for the year

#### Summary of Slack conversation



There has not been much progress finding a Vic location for QUAFL, we should discuss hosting State Shield in Vic again. People were generally positive with that idea. We should consider Vic QUAFL in 2021, and SS in QLD 2021.

NG: Vic QUAFL stuff isn't going well. State would be beneficial, Vic needs more quidditch in the state so they aren't choosing between events to help with growth. It isn't the best option, but it is better than nothing.

JT: Happy to do, but need to have Alistair to make a decision

NG: We need everyone. Before QUAFL is announced we need full pricing. Line markings, facilities, field hire, just so we don't get caught out. Field hire seems too cheap at the moment, we need to clarify what our other expenses are

JT: It will be coming from different people, but yes.

AJ: Definitely need a full run down of costs before confirmation

*Actionables: Alistair to get final costs of QUAFL venue/s*

### 3. Board restructure proposal

#### Summary of Slack conversations

People are happy to move away from Facebook for most communication between board members, but are uncertain about a heavy reliance on emails, and would prefer slack. Moving away from facebook with delegates and members may not be the most effective way to communicate with them. Everyone is happy with having detailed description of board roles to assist with accountability and smooth handover for new board members.

JT: We seem happy to move away from Facebook, but people are not sure if we go with emails or slack. I believe emails are a better communication platform. Can we please trial email for three months?

AJ: I agree with everything in the slack channel, happy to trial for 3 months.

NG: I liked that we had threads for different discussions, email summaries of slack conversation would be beneficial

AJ: We can use little things with slack, and emails for official/important communication

NG: Slack is tough for event organisation, we also need a project focused platform. I use Asana, but it needs a chat. We should find one that does both.

AJ: QA used to use basecamp which we could use.

NG: We should research, happy to dedicate some money towards this.

AJ: We should get NFP slack

NG: Yes

AJ: Might be able to record close captions on google hangouts, which would be useful for minute taking

JT: Great idea, I will look into that. Are we happy with open staff channels?

AJ : Yes

NG: We need to clean up slack, get rid of old people who aren't staff anymore

AJ: Will do in the next month after another reminder post



NG: We don't want to overwhelm staff with too many notifications from channels

JT: You need to join a channel to get notifications, but viewing is fine

AJ: You can also mute conversations

JT: For team rep/member communicate we should use emails, and use FB as a quick/urgent thing

KC: Are we not updating our public page?

JT: Use of the delegate group would change. Important updates and notices will be emailed, with a post in the delegate group informing them of an email.

NG: Emails also make information accessible to the entire team

JT: Are we happy to move to once a month meetings?

KC: If emails and slack work, then yes

NG: This will also give us the opportunity to call emergency meetings better

JT: We need more effective scheduling, can we do a standing monthly meeting?

Such as the first Sunday of every month at 6:30, and checking in a week before to see who is available

KC: Polls work better for me

AJ: Peoples schedule vary each week

JT: When do people know their schedules?

AJ: Two weeks is good

NG & KC: Yes

*Actionables: Everyone to implement described communication changes*

#### **4. Struggling Teams**

##### **Summary of Slack conversation**

A team has asked if they can get their team fee refunded if they end up folding/merging with another team. All are happy to do this as long as it is before the beginning of their season.

JT: Anything else to add?

NG: I have everything I need

Meeting closed: 9:40