



Board meeting: 04/01/2020, located on discord voice chat.

Called to order at 9:17am (AEDT). Quorum was established.

In Attendance:

Luke Derrick
Nicola Gertler
Ajantha Abey
Kelsey Collins
Scott Palmer
Alistair Yap
Jamie Turbet

Absent:

Nill

Business:

<p>Agenda Item: Post QUAFL Things (10mins)</p> <ul style="list-style-type: none">a. AGM Minutesb. Feedback Reportc. Closing off Financials / Merch <p>Discussion:</p> <ul style="list-style-type: none">a. JT: Almost done, just need to format and get Lukes president's speech LD: I will send it tonight or tomorrowb. JT: Only 70 something responses this year, last year we got 100. LD: Do another blast to get 100 responsesc. SP: Final merch numbers \$5417 in sales, \$1770 in tickets. We made a \$3000 profit on merch. JT: What do we have left? SP: A whole bunch of shirts, especially lime, people did not like. Towels sold well, down to 20 from 50.	<p>Action: President report sent to Jamie</p> <p>Responsible: Luke</p> <p>Action: Feedback form posted to social media</p> <p>Responsible: Ajantha</p>
---	--



<p>AY: They are not dated so we can use for future events.</p>	
<p>Agenda Item: Dropbears (15mins)</p> <ul style="list-style-type: none">a. Jerseysb. Merchc. Supplierd. Gender Reporte. Roster Rules <p>Discussion:</p> <ul style="list-style-type: none">a. AY: I like the lighter one <p>LD: We thought it looked like weed</p> <p>AY: Besides that I like the lighter one, the darker one is a bit harder to see</p> <p>SP: Darker one looks too much like a South African rugby jersey</p> <p>KC: Are we putting the logo on it?</p> <p>LD: We can ask for logos to be put on</p> <p>AJ: IQA logo has to go on the sleeve, QA would probably go on the sleeve as well. Dropbears logo on the breast pocket</p> <p>LD: Yes, anything else?</p> <p>AY: Need to see font</p> <p>AJ: See the other light version</p> <p>b. Jumpers</p> <p>NG: No logos on the front</p> <p>LD: Can we ask for a version without?</p> <p>JT: Yes</p> <p>AY: If the Aus is just on the front for the jersey, we could do the same thing for the jumpers</p> <p>LD: Do we like green?</p>	<p>Action: Sending Ruth feedback regarding jerseys, merch and supplier</p> <p>Responsible: Jamie</p>



SP: Yes, without the zipper. They could break, and put the design off.

JT: Do we care what type of green?

AJ: Dark green

KC: A lighter green

LD: Middle green. Forest green?

KC: Yeah

LD: Rich forest green

NG: Do not like the jumper, because it is not a sports team at all, and our biggest buyer will probably be players. I would like a sublimated design.

JT: Don't like it personally

AJ: Same

KC: Don't mind either

NG: I just think it's more sports team like, doesn't have to be exactly like the picture

LD: Ok, we need to figure out if our supplier will sublimated

NG: They should do, and are sometimes cheaper

LD: Go back to Ruth and ask if we can get something done

Shirts

JT: Don't like white, make it black instead.

AY: Agreed

KC: Prefer top grey shirt to the bottom grey

NG: Would prefer to keep it white as this is the best design

KC: We could ask to see it and go from there.

JT: Do we want two or three?

All agreed on two shirts

HATS

LD: I like them



KC: I like black the best, and we could have two different colours

LD: People will buy them

NG: We should find minimum order numbers. I prefer the green, with black hat and yellow text

LD: I would like a black dropbear on a green hat

Logo

LD: Agree with the notes

JT: Now we know what changes we want to make we should figure out how much we are paying Abbey.

NG: We should ask for a quote about how much our changes will cost

- c. JT: We should try to narrow it down to two options and see sponsorship agreements from them.

NG: It's their job to get our business. I would ask all four

LD: Agreed

- d. AJ: What are we doing with the gender report?

LD: It went to selectors, we used it

JT: Also went to Courtney

- e. AJ: No longer relevant



Agenda Item: General Business and Things to Do (10mins)

- a. **Emails and Access for New Board Members**

- b. **Complaints process - need a system for record keeping**



- ii. Complaints officer or similar elected for every major tournament.

- c. **Cleaning up accounts/business contacts**

Discussion: a. LD: Nicola can you please change all passwords?

- b. AJ: We need to ensure we talk to the person who made the complaint

NG: This needs a bigger discussion for later. We have a secretary now so it shouldn't be a bigger problem

AJ: I would like to see a complaint record keeping thing

JT: I have folders for complaints

NG: Should be more secure

JT: Will try

KC: We need a document so we have a running tally

JT: Will do

- c. JT: Our contacts with various government organisations is a major issue as they are not updated, I will be looking into it. For NSW Fair Trading we need a NSW address, the contact is

Action: Update government contacts

Responsible: Jamie



<p>usually the secretary however my address is in the ACT so it cannot be me. LD: Can be me</p>	
<p>Agenda Item: Priority tasks / strategies for portfolios</p> <p>a. Membership (10mins)</p> <ol style="list-style-type: none">i. New system for 2020?ii. Need to make sure form is ready to go out on whenever shutdown finished <p>b. Post AGM minutes and financial reports</p> <ol style="list-style-type: none">i. Transparency plan -<ul style="list-style-type: none">• Fortnightly updates on board member activities• TR material made more accessible on website, e.g. insurance stuff, meeting minutes, finance summaries, etc. <p>Discussion: a. SC: I love the ideas we have and have implemented them, I just need the form to be checked. Once checked it can be published. LD: Jame and Nicola can you please do this? NG: We can't use the term associate because of the constitution, it needs to be non-player or something similar.</p>	<p>Action: Read over membership form</p> <p>Responsible: Jamie and Nicola</p> <p>Action: Post membership form once proof-read</p> <p>Responsible: Ajantha</p> <p>Action: Post minutes and financial reports on the website (ongoing)</p> <p>Responsible: Ajantha</p> <p>Action: Edit the insurance help sheet for members</p> <p>Responsible: Ajantha</p>



The terms club and social makes more sense.

LD: Little things need to be changed so it makes sense with the constitution

NG: Trial members are not eligible to play at QUAFL. Social members can't play at QA events or for dropbears.

Can play at fantasy tournaments, it is for non playing coaches etc. Club member is a full membership

SC: Nicola can you please go through payment stuff?

NG: Yes

b. AJ: We need to see minutes and reports on the website so it's not just team reps who have access. Insurance as well.

LD: Write up a document to make insurance claims easier

AJ: It does exist, I will edit it to ensure it stays up to date

JT: Insurance documents should not be on the website as it means anyone can access it and make a claim, it should only be for members, just as a precaution

LD: Ok, we will have Jamie email people as they ask for insurance information.

Agenda Item: Staff Plans (5mins)

- i. What do we do with current staff?
- ii. What new staff do we want?

Discussion: NG: Everyone should reapply

Action: Ask staff members who wants to stick around for 2020

Responsible: All people with staff (Gameplay, media, gender engagement, funding)



JT: That creates an extra barrier.
Would like to keep people around,
maybe ask a few to stay on as leaders
of groups or something, and then make
others reapply.
AJ: Ask people who want to stick
around, and move from there
LD: What other staff roles do we want?
SC: Would like another merch person
AJ: Courtney would like extra people
for gender engagement. Should we get
more gameplay people?
JT: I think we should keep all staff
positions, and advertise all
LD: Agreed
AY: Are there any events people?
JT: No, feel free to ask for some

Agenda Item: Events (10mins)
i. QUAFL2020
ii. State Shield 2020

Discussion: i. AY: I have only
managed to have a look at handover
stuff recently. I will get onto looking into
QUAFL further, but Victoria isn't looking
good.

NG: We are still looking into it, give us
until the end of January
AY: I will ask for a confirmed field hire
price from the Gold Coast location. We
could also have Vic in 2021. I am also
going to contact Abbey and Todd about
a new logo as we are moving away
from 'QUAFL'.

ii. AY: I will send emails today to
get going on the grant.

LD: Can we please receive a report on
what's going on?
AY: Yes

Action: Follow up with Gold Coast and
Sydney venues for 2020 events

Responsible: Alistair



Event Sanctioning

JT: It is not necessary, it is just extra paperwork. I have looked over our insurance policy and it doesn't say we need it, it was never referenced last year. We should have something, like a policy and submission with basic details such as date, location etc.

NG: We used to collect membership, and now that we have the membership list it is less necessary. But we still need to sanction events, we have a duty of care.

JT: Change it to registration, and collect less details, replace the form with a policy. We also have an events calendar I set up last year that people didn't use, we can go back to that.



<p>Agenda Item: Gameplay (5mins)</p> <ul style="list-style-type: none">i. USYD/Kim Suggestions <p>Discussion: NG: USYD sent some feedback about 2019 for gameplay, I will resend it to gameplay to look over. It is most relevant to the new gameplay committee this year.</p>	<p>Action: Resend USYD feedback</p> <p>Responsible: Nicola</p> <p>Action: Read USYD feedback</p> <p>Responsible: Kelsey</p>
<p>Agenda Item: Gender Engagement (5mins)</p> <ul style="list-style-type: none">i. Grant <p>Discussion: JT: I submitted just before Christmas. If we are successful we will hear by the end of February, if we are unsuccessful we will hear by the end of March. I don't think we will be successful, our governance has a lot of glaring holes that makes us seem untrustworthy. I plan on working on that</p>	<p>Action:</p> <p>Responsible:</p>



<p>this year to make us more eligible for grants in future.</p>	
<p>Agenda Item: Secretary (5mins)</p> <ul style="list-style-type: none"> i. Pls no more webmail ii. ((((((((((gsuite?????))))))))))) <p>Discussion: JT: I have figured out what has previously been done with gsuite and I can get it, will do in the next week AJ: Slightly related, I looked into alternate websites, and most can't do .au names. We don't want to change our domain? LD: Maybe? AJ: We are pretty well known as org.au KC: If we change to quidditchaustralia.org it's basically the same thing. LD: I think it's a good time to do this with Jamie already changing our various contacts and such. Work with Jamie on this. Come up with a plan and come back to us.</p>	<p>Action: Get gsuite</p> <p>Responsible: Jamie</p> <p>Action: Work on plan to change our name</p> <p>Responsible: Ajantha and Jamie</p>
<p>Agenda Item: IQA Things (10mins)</p> <ul style="list-style-type: none"> i. Harassment Policy <ul style="list-style-type: none"> • Soon to be released by IQA: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1vSm1Lv2dQILLjEsR9T_3auoS-F7WwtCp6IWj91KWiKQ/edit • We must have one 	<p>Action: Ensure our harassment policy/ies are in line with the IQA's</p> <p>Responsible: Jamie</p>



<p style="text-align: right;">approved by the IQA by end of 2020</p> <p>Discussion: AJ: IQA has a draft policy and we need to have one by the end of this year. JT: We sort of already have one? AJ: Yes, it just needs to be in line with their policy</p>	
<p>Agenda Item: NSO Stuff/Strategic Forum (10mins)</p> <p>Discussion: JT: NSO stuff is going slowly cause christmas, things will hopefully pick up soon. We will have a strategic forum agenda for everyone soon, and we intend to have that published to everyone so they know what it is. Miles' mum, Alison, has also offered to assist. She has a lot of experience with strategic forums and so her help will greatly benefit us. We would like a reminder post about the forum soon as we have bookings we may need to cancel for low attendance. NG: What are we doing with low attendance? If we are to pass motions we need to meet quorum. JT: The SGM will be different to the strategic forum, and will be handled separately. Deadlines for the SGM are in about a week. KC: Has that been communicated? AJ: I will include it in todays post NG: I don't think you are on top of dates, the constitution says things need to be submitted 60 days before. JT: I will look into this</p>	<p>Action: Look into SGM dates</p> <p>Responsible: Jamie</p> <p>Action: Post reminder about SGM (today, 4/1)</p> <p>Responsible: Ajantha</p> <p>Action: Get agenda for strat forum to board and members</p> <p>Responsible: Jamie</p>



<p>NG: Is the strat forum going to be over one or two days? We need to notify people ASAP if we expect people to travel</p> <p>JT: Yes agreed, if we don't have a lot of attendance we will move to one day, but for now it is at two.</p>	
<p>Agenda Item: Concussion Workshop</p> <p>Discussion: JT: For those who don't have email access yet, Nic Radoll has proposed a concussion education workshop as he has realised people don't understand what a concussion is or the dangers of one. He would like us to assist in funding his travels as he goes to each state for this.</p> <p>NG: I think we should do a trial run in Vic and see how it goes</p> <p>AJ: Online stuff would be more accessible, I would like to see an online series like what Nat did for reffing.</p> <p>NG: I assume there is a practical part that needs to be in person</p> <p>JT: I'll ask why he didn't want an online workshop</p> <p>AY: Ask for an outline on what the workshop will entail.</p>	<p>Action: Respond to Nic asking for more information regarding the workshop</p> <p>Responsible: Jamie</p>

Meeting Closed: 10:21am